We are so grateful that God is making a way for all of us to be back together at our campuses and launch site locations! After months of prayerful planning we can announce that we will have a phased re-opening beginning on Sunday August 2nd. Here’s how it will work:
Locations and Times
- Westminster: in-person services will start on August 2nd at NEW TIMES — 9:00 and 11:00am
- Hampstead: in-person services will start on August 9th at NEW TIMES — 9:00 and 11:00am
- Eldersburg: in-person services will start on August 9th at the Sykesville Fire Department at a NEW TIME — 9:00am
- Hereford: in-person (outdoor) services will start on August 9th at First Fruits Farm at 5:00pm
What to Expect
We can’t wait to welcome you back!! We’ve been hard at work to make sure that you have a safe, healthy and enjoyable worship experience on Sunday mornings when we re-open. While we are looking forward to having as many of you join us as possible please use good judgement before coming — if you…
- have Covid-19,
- have been exposed to Covid-19, or
- are at a significantly higher risk for contracting Covid-19…
So you’re healthy, you’re ready to come back to your campus for an in-person service…what can you expect? Things will look a little different so let’s do a quick tour:
Before the Service…
- to meet the state safe seating capacity requirements everyone will be required to register for a service in advance
- once you arrive on Sunday you’ll be greeted by our fantastic Guest Services team members who will make sure you’ve got your mask (required by the state and will help keep all of us safe!); they will also ask for verification of your online advance registration
- we’re encouraging social distancing and safe health practices in the lobby so unfortunately no food or drink will be available and bulletins will be online only
- ushers will open doors for you (who said chivalry is dead?!) and show you to your seats – you’ll notice seating will be arranged differently to help ensure social distancing and that we meet state-mandated capacity guidelines
During the Service…
- we’ll have the same GREAT congregational worship, teaching, and prayer!!
- we won’t be encouraging handshakes or hugs during the service (but a big smile is a GREAT hello!)
- offering baskets won’t be passed but there will be well-marked places for you to drop your offerings off in the lobby AND we’d love for you to go online with your offering by setting up a one-time or recurring donation
- bathroom monitors will make sure social distancing is observed by allowing just one person in at at time
After the Service…
- to make sure we’re all staying safe and healthy we won’t encourage gathering in the lobby or sanctuary after the services – please wave goodbye and keep the conversation going outside because…
- …our cleaning crews need time to do a super thorough job of cleaning before the next service!
Requirements to Attend a Sunday Service
At this point there are 3 main things!
- You will need to register for each Sunday service in advance (currently through September).
- Masks will be required as long as they are required by the state of Maryland.
- You will need to register your little ones for I-5 since we have very limited capacity (see following).
What About Kids’ Ministries?
To ensure that our children and students have safe environments and to comply with local health guidelines our children’s ministry and student ministry experiences on Sunday morning will look a little different. As of our re-opening…
- Childcare will be available at the Westminster and Hampstead campuses by reservation only for children up to age 3; both campuses will have a maximum of 10 slots available available on a first-come, first-served basis through the online registration form
- 252 (our K-5th grade ministry) will not be available at any of our locations until August 23rd – but all children are welcome to join us for the main service! If you’d like your K-5th grade child(ren) to stay with you on August 23rd and 30th we’ll provide a bag of activities for them to enjoy during the main service.
- Middle school (C3) and high school (C4) Sunday gatherings will resume at each campus beginning September 13th.
You’ve Got Questions….
…and we’ve been trying to make sure we have good answers! Here’s a few additional pieces of information as we count down to August 2nd:
- Digital Services: We will ABSOLUTELY continue to have our live-streamed services – now to be held at 9:00am and 11:00am as of August 2nd – on Facebook and our new Church Online platform.
- Stage 3: If the Governor announces that we are moving to stage 3 before campuses re-open we will adjust our plan accordingly where possible and let you know!
- Community Groups: Right now all of our community groups (formerly called small groups) are meeting online. We are working to have in-person community groups launch in September.
- Connect Groups: When our connect groups start back up in early Fall, groups scheduled to meet on Sunday mornings during our services will be able to meet in person at our campus locations.
- Communion: the last Sunday of each month we will continue taking communion together using individually-packed communion elements.
Got more questions? Let’s see if we’ve got answers to match! Reach out by:
Can’t wait to see you soon!! “Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.” – Philippians 1:3 (NLT)