Last Updated: August 25, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Crossroads Church, Crossroads Missions, Crossroads Affiliates may collect information about you from various sources. Specifically, we may obtain information about you:
- On crossroads140.com (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On missions.crossroads140.com (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On crossroads140.ccbchurch.com (e.g., when you request information on the Site, establish an account, or utilize the Site’s functionality)
- On rightnowmedia.org (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On crossroads140.ccbchurch.com/give_detail.php (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On pushpay.com (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On datasourcecorp.com (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- On christianbackgroundchecks.com (e.g., when you request information on the website, establish an account, or utilize the website’s functionality)
- When you contact us by telephone or email
- In the mail (e.g., when you send us documents)
- When you subscribe to our Crossroads email service
- Through assessment services and third party services at your request
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact details (e.g., name, postal address, email address, family member information, date of birth for each member of your family and telephone number)
- Professional credentials (e.g., name, organizational title, work telephone and email contact information)
- Other details about you that you may submit to us (e.g., photographs, profile description information, etc.)
Crossroads Church only collects sensitive personally identifiable information such as Social Security numbers (SSNs), drivers’ license numbers, or financial/credit history data in the case of prospective hires as part of a comprehensive pre-employment background check or for key volunteer roles within Crossroads operation. Crossroads Church only collects any form of PHI/ePHI data that falls under the HIPAA regulatory regimen when volunteered by parents for camps and ministry events.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE SHARE IT
We may use source IP addresses, referral URL information and “web analytics” (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_analytics) to improve our sites, help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our websites. In the event that we offer services that require payment, such payment information submitted at the time of purchase (i.e., credit card information, billing addresses, etc.) will only be utilized to complete and fulfill the purchase or giving requested by you. To better understand how we use the information we collect and how we share it, we think it is most useful to look at the functional components of our third party partners as they describe their privacy practices in each case:
- GIVING ONLINE: https://pushpay.com/legal-center/privacy/
- MYCROSSROADS: https://www.churchcommunitybuilder.com/privacy-policy
- BACKGROUND CHECKS AND SCREENINGS: https://datasourcecorp.com/Privacy/Policy
We offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect about you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information by either contacting us at the appropriate email address provided here or in the Terms and Conditions or utilizing, if applicable, the automated opt-out mechanisms we have made available. We will apply your preferences going forward in a timely manner. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our services or disclosure of your personal information will interrupt notifications on all ministry services and tools.
Because of their essential value in providing optimal user experiences and ensuring accurate administration of our various Web site properties, Crossroads, Crossroads Missions, affiliates and partners makes significant use of “cookie” technology as part of our application development and public-facing platforms. A cookie represents a small piece of code that can record various aspects of your identity and activity/interaction with a given web site. They may be temporary (deleted once a particular task is completed) or persistent (maintained in an effort to help identify you to a Web site as a repeat visitor).
Most contemporary Web browsers support cookies, but also allow you to play an important role in determining whether cookie placement/management is permitted or denied in all or certain cases. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these cookie management/control features, and decide how to configure your browser to best meet your data privacy expectations. Please know, however, that disabling the use of some or all cookies for any Crossroads web based tools may negatively impact your experience or, in some cases, prevent us from providing the services you are seeking from us.
That having been said, if you encounter any such difficulties involving cookie management on any of our platforms that prevent us from serving you effectively, please contact us directly (at firstname.lastname@example.org). If it turns out that we are making your online experience difficult or reducing your data privacy protection for little or no good business reason, we want to know about it and will work to resolve the situation promptly.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may obtain a copy of certain personal information we maintain about you, update that information, or correct inaccuracies in that information by accessing MyCrossroads via this link: https://crossroads140.ccbchurch.com/goto/login. To help protect privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify users’ identity before granting access to personal information. In addition, if you believe that the personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may update your profile yourself via this link. If we deny an access request, we will notify you of the reasons for the denial and offer an opportunity to challenge our decision.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make use of appropriate protections, such as firewalls, encryption of data in transit during survey sessions and encrypted password-protection of report deliverables containing sensitive information such as your professional credentials and/or your organization’s existing practices. We adhere to industry-acknowledged practices in protecting our production servers, and take reasonable and cost-efficient precautions to ensure that your personal and/or professional credentials and survey responses that highlight proprietary information are safeguarded from accidental or malicious disclosure to unauthorized parties. However, as criminal elements and malevolent parties are increasingly sophisticated, we do not represent or guarantee that the information you provide to us will never under any circumstances be breached.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These linked websites may operate independently from Crossroads and any Crossroads platforms. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit such websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Crossroads Church, Crossroads Missions, any affiliates or partners, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Crossroads Church encourages protection of children’s information on the Internet. Our websites do have content appropriate for children 17 and under and may be used by children under the age of 13. We advise all use by children be always be monitored by a parent or guardian.
NOTICE OF FILMING AND PHOTOGRAPHY
Please be advised that photography, video, and audio recordings may be taken at events or programs hosted by Crossroads Church. These recordings are not used to sell any products or services but may be displayed on Crossroads Church’s website, social media platforms or used in Crossroads Church’s marketing materials to help us celebrate and communicate the value and joy of community and fellowship in our church life. To ensure the privacy of individuals and especially children, Crossroads Church will not identify images using names or personal information without written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian. By attending events or programs hosted by Crossroads Church, you consent to the use of your image, likeness, and voice for video, photographic and/or audio promotional purposes. Unless we receive a written request from you to not use your voice or likeness, we will assume that your presence is consent.
HOW TO CONTACT US